If you dream of following the early explorers who dared sail into waters beyond the known horizon, you will need to become proficient in a great many facets of seamanship. This book builds on the basic sailing skills you learned in Start Sailing Right so you can venture toward more distant cruising grounds.
- Explore the inner workings of a cruising sailboat
- Discover ways to get more performance out of your sails
- Find out how to orient yourself on the water and measure your progress toward your destination
- Know what weather signs to look for while on the water
- Learn how to dock a sailboat under power