April 2012 edition
WHAT’S NEW AT CAPTAIN’S
- A new line of post cards, bookmarks, and rulers with amazing 3-D IMAGES
- New Pelican Light Emitting Diode (LED) high performance lights with the legendary Pelican durability.
- A colorful National Geographic two-sided 2 x 3 foot RMS TITANIC 100th Anniversary reference tableau, packed with fascinating details about the ship, its design, historic photos, its tragic fate, location maps, and its aftermath.
- National Geographic Alpine Lakes Wilderness Map
- Green Trails Mount Rainier Wonderland Trail Map
- Solar powered LED light for flagpoles, charges in the daylight, illuminates your flag at night.
- New line of nautical earrings and zipper pulls
- New waterproof, insulated work gloves.
- Authentic reprints of HISTORICAL CHARTS of US coastal waters and the Great Lakes, including the Atlantic, Pacific, and Gulf Coasts, Puget Sound, Alaska, and Hawaii, dating from 1900 onward, printed in our store to your order on special archival paper suitable for framing or mounting. Over 140 charts available.
- MANY NEW BOOKS, INCLUDING:
--- colorful photo book “San Juan Islands – A Photographer’s Journey” by Karyn King
--- “Broughton Islands Cruising Guide” by Peter Vassilopoulos, featuring Routes, Distances, Marinas, Anchorages, GPS Waypoints, and lots of photos and aerial photos.
--- “How to Read A Nautical Chart” by Nigel Calder, new second edition. Includes all of the new edition of US Chart Number 1, and details about electronic charting.
--- “Dorade – The History of an Ocean Racing Yacht” by local author Douglas D. Adkins
--- “One Island, One Ocean” Around the Americas aboard S/V Ocean Watch
“An environmental adventure – The exhilarating story of a historic circumnavigation by sail of the American continents, through once-frozen waters of the Northwest Passage and around the stormy southern tip of Cape Horn.
THIS IS ONLY A SAMPLING
COME IN, SEE WHAT’S NEW