Graceful Gyro-matic mounting assembly in antique gold finish which permits easy top-to-bottom rotation of globe is mated with elegant classic hardwood base in rich walnut finish. Antique Ocean, raised relief map, 16" ball. Stands 38" high. Ships UPS oversize.
Based in Broadview, Illinois, Replogle Globes is the world's largest, most respected maker of geographic globes. In business over 70 years, Replogle painstakingly keeps its globe maps up to date
About Replogle Globes:
- Globe size is expressed as diameter in inches.
- Antique ocean map: Ocean areas of the map have a classic parchment look, land details are in muted colors
- Blue ocean map: Water areas are colored blue, land details and national boundaries are more defined in brighter colors.
- Illuminated feature (if specified): Globe is made with a translucent map ball illminated from the inside by an incandescent light globe. Wiring and lamp holder are UL listed, 120 volt AC bulb supplied.
- Touch-on Illumination feature (if specified): Touching the metal meridian ring supporting the globe turns on and off the light, and may also dim the light. No fumbling for a switch. (Available on some larger globe models)
- Raised Relief feature (if specified): The map ball is formed so that mountainous areas protrude realistically -- you can "feel" the mountains. The "Atlantis" model also features raised relief ocean floor details.
- Gyro-Matic assembly or pivoted meridian ring (if specified): The map ball is mounted in a ring assembly similar to gimbal rings which permits the poles to be rotated 360 degrees so that the southern hemisphere can be viewed with ease without standing on your head.
SPECIAL NOTE: SHIPS BY GROUND TRANSPORT ONLY, NO AIR SHIPPING ON THIS MODEL